You can be confident your tax deductible donation to Hydro Angels Over Amrica will aid families in need. From helping families with emergency funds to get to the hospital or doctor, to assisting with medical equiptment, your money will have a positive impact on families and your community. We pride ourselves on meeting or exceeding Better Business Bureau Wise Giving standards. We want to spend your money wisely. So thank you for your donations and for trusting Hydro Angels Over America to make a difference in the lives of others living with hydrocephalus.
Taxes and Your Donation
Beyond an investment from your heart, a donation can also be a financial benefit come tax time.
Here are some considerations to ensure you get the maximum benefit from your generous donation:
- As a nonprofit corporation, HAOA is classified by the Internal Revenue Service as exempt under IRS Section 501(c)(3) and as a public charity under IRS Section 509.
- Keep records of your donations, including receipts or letters from HAOA acknowledging receipt of your donation.
- Donations of more than $250 must be supported by record of payment from your bank (cancelled check, bank statement, etc). If you volunteer, you cannot deduct the value of your services, but you may be able to deduct some expenses if they are:
- Not reimbursed through your employer or anyone else
- Directly connected with the services you performed
- Expenses you had only as a result of your volunteer work
- Not personal, living or family expenses
- Generally, no more than 50 percent of your adjusted gross income can be deducted. If you donate more, carry that undeductable amount over into the next year.
In addition to donations from individuals, the following ways of giving also qualify for maximum tax benefits:
As a public charity, HAOA is qualified to receive grants from private foundations. A grant gift will help your foundation satisfy its annual distribution requirements while helping HAOA accomplish its mission of serving infants to elderly and their families.
Donations of Securities
In addition to donating cash to HAOA, individual donors may make gifts of publicly traded securities. The donor is not taxed on any gain in the property, and the donor may deduct the fair market value of the gifted securities against other income (subject to certain limitations).
Donors should seek the advice of a professional tax advisor.
- Great satisfaction. You will know you are helping us to make a difference every month.
- Convenience. When you participate, your gift will be transferred and will appear each month on your credit card or checking account statement.
- Flexibility. If for any reason you wish to increase, decrease or suspend your gifts, just call (830) 837-9459, and we will gladly accommodate you.
- Reduced paperwork and overhead expenses. Automatic monthly payments mean more of your donation goes to our Mission.
- End of year report. You will receive a year of inspiring photos and stories to warm your heart and show how your support made a difference.
- Periodic updates. You'll get ongoing new stories and information via mail or email about our annual events.
Click the DONATE button below if you are ready to donate using our secure credit card payment method.
Monthly Donation Link * Partners for H.O.P.E.
To requesrt information about our services, or for donation inquiries, please contact us. We will respond as soon as possible. We appreciate your support. If you wish to mail a check, please make it payable to the name and address below: